Dear Parents and Carers,
On Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th February, Marden Primary Academy had a Section 5 full inspection since academising and becoming part of Leigh Academies Trust in September 2020.
The last inspection prior to academisation in 2019 was not positive and included the phrase: ‘inspectors have some concerns that standards may be declining’. I am proud to say that Marden Primary Academy has made exceptional progress since becoming part of LAT and I am pleased to be able to share with you the results of our most recent inspection.
- Overall Effectiveness – Good
- Quality of Education – Good
- Behaviour and Attitudes – Outstanding
- Personal Development – Outstanding
- Leadership and Management – Outstanding
- Early Year Provision – Good
I have included some points below from our OFSTED report of February 2023. I am extremely pleased with the report as it reflects many of the tremendous aspects of our school:
- Leaders have ensured that expectations for pupils to behave and work well are very high, including in the early years.
- Leaders have implemented a new and highly ambitious curriculum for all pupils. This includes pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) who access the same learning as their peers.
- Expectations for learning are high.
- Leaders have made reading a priority in the school.
- Children in the early years waste no time in getting off to a good start.
Marden Primary Academy is part of Leigh Academies Trust Education for a better world
- The personal development curriculum is a real strength.
- Leaders at all levels have worked tirelessly to ensure that the school has experienced substantial and positive change. They have a clear and shared vision for the future of the school and a commitment to continued improvement.
- Leaders responsible for safeguarding ensure that record keeping is excellent so that they can easily monitor pupils who they are worried about.
It is important to recognise the positive impact governance has had on Marden Primary Academy. I would like to thank the chair, John Weir and the whole governing board, for their continued support and challenge. Furthermore, It is also vital to recognise the whole school community from teaching staff, admin, learning support, not least the children and the parents and carers, who have supported Marden in becoming a highly effective school.
I know you will be as proud of this report as I am and I look forward to the exciting next chapter; the best days are yet to come for Marden Primary Academy.
Niall Dosad | Principal of Marden Primary Academy
You can view the full Ofsted report by clicking the following link: