It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Our school uniform policy is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers
- Is designed with health and safety in mind.
The uniform policy outlined was agreed after wide consultation with parents and children. The colour, style, fabric and choices were determined by a majority vote. There are only two required items (sweatshirt and PE t shirt). The costs for these have been kept as low as possible. These and other optional items with the school logo are readily available from the office. All other items are just colour specific and can be bought wherever best value can be obtained. The PTA runs a second hand uniform shop which provides good quality items at low cost.
The school colours are red and grey. All items of clothing should be named or we are unable to return misplaced items.
Children should wear:
- Black/grey trousers, skirts or pinafores.
- White shirts, blouses or tops. (a polo top with a school logo is available from the office but any white top is acceptable)
- Red school sweatshirt or cardigan (obtainable from the office – substitutes are not acceptable).
- Red and white gingham or striped summer dresses may be worn in the summer.
- Shoes should be sensible and smart (not trainers).
- Sun hats should be worn in the summer (obtainable from the office)
Jewellery should not be worn. Pupils are allowed to wear a small simple stud earring which they can remove themselves. Watches may be worn in school by Key Stage 2 children but must be removed for PE. The school will take reasonable care but cannot be held responsible if watches get lost or damaged.
For PE children should have:
- A drawstring bag (obtainable from the office) in which to keep their PE clothes.
- Sports trainers for outdoor PE (indoor PE is undertaken barefoot)
- School PE top in their house colour (obtainable from the office – substitutes not acceptable)
- Shorts – dark and plain.
Book bags and water bottles are available from the office.