Our principal aim is that children leave Marden Primary Academy with a wide range of happy and rich memories in Geography formed through interesting and exciting experiences driven through PYP-friendly vehicles that enhance a child’s awareness of their own abilities and strengths as a learner; thus ensuring that children see learning in Geography as an on-going process not a one-off event.
- Children will meet the National Curriculum expectations in Geography, which will be taught by highly-qualified, enthusiastic staff who will support children to develop mastery of concepts and interest in the subject.
- Children will develop a deep understanding of the subjects they are studying. They will increasingly use their prior knowledge to solve problems and develop the sophistication of Geography.
- Children will understand how British Values relate to Geography.
Carefully designed, interleaved learning in Geography ensures consistency and progress of all learners.
- Clearly defined end goals are set in order to guide children to achieve their potential. This ensures work is demanding and matches the aims of the curriculum while still fulfilling the requirements of a PYP approach.
- High quality teaching responds to the needs of children. Spiral learning is a key focus of all formative and summative assessment with teachers actively marking work in lessons in order to identify misconceptions early.
- High quality input from experts and educational resources complement the delivery of specialist learning admirably. Children understand how Geography is used in the wider world including careers.
- Through Geography, children deepen their appreciation of their faith and fulfil their potential. As part of the global community, they understand that they are called to look after and protect the world given to them.
- Visits within Geography have enriched the lives of the children and they are able to discuss how the experience impacted their knowledge and understanding.
- Children of all abilities and backgrounds achieve well in Geography reflected in outstanding progress that reveals a clear learning journey. Children talk enthusiastically about their learning in Geography and are eager to further their learning in the next stages of their education.
- There is a proven track record of the impact of deep learning.
- Clear outcomes focus and guide all Geography development plans and drive improvement.
- Fundamental British Values are evident in Geography and children understand how it can celebrate difference.